About the Program
A judgment-free zone; a safe place to talk, express yourself, and be OK with the outcome.
The Civility Project goal:
Build healthy disagreement and constructive dialogue
In our workshops, you'll learn how to:
- Agree to disagree
- Engage in civil conversation
- Build respect for each other’s humanity
- Learn to listen to other perspectives
- Use what you hear to challenge or affirm your own views
- Stay curious
- Agree to always return to the conversation
- See the person beyond their politics
- Understand that a conversation is not a competition
The Civility Project seeks to bring people of opposing viewpoints together for healthy disagreement, personal interactions and constructive conversations. In this hour-long workshop, participants will engage in enlightening discussion, learn to listen to others, and learn why the listening is important.
The Civility Project places people before the moment of disagreement in discussion of how we come to our beliefs and viewpoints.